Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Year...Another Grammy Awards

The nominees for the 54th annual Grammy Awards were announced yesterday. While certain categories (classical, hip hop/rap, r&b and rock) have been restructured and there are a few confusing selections (Bon Iver for Best New Artist...in 2011 as if the critically acclaimed, Peter Gabriel covering debut album never existed three years ago), overall, I am okay with these selections. Yes, the list is very safe and, mostly, obvious which I complained about last year. This year, however, I am okay with the safe, predictable choices and pleasantly surprised by a few interesting choices (Skrillex, Beats, Rhymes and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest).

With that said, I am calling it now...Foo Fighters are winning Album of the Year. It is what needs to happen in order to keep balance in the world. If, however, they lose to Lady Gaga, I will need to find a 24-hour electronics store to purchase a new television. Anyway, congratulations to all of the nominees, some of which will perform at the event on February 12, 2012 and broadcast live on CBS. The complete list of awards and nominees can be found here. Seriously, "Firework" by Katy Perry for Record of the Year? Well, I guess I have some complaints.

1 comment:

  1. I saw where Sum 41 was nominated for "Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance". Sigh.

    ReplyDelete